- (DM me and let’s set it up!)
- “Human-centered Strategy.” Invited speaker. Forbes Funds event. Pittsburgh, PA: May 2015.
- “Designing Formal Usability Studies.” UX Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh, PA: October 2014.
- “Designing Shared Engagement.” Panel moderator. Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation Energizing Health Collaboration Series, Pittsburgh, PA: July 2014.
- “Human-centered Healthcare IT.” Invited speaker. Senior Staff Retreat, UPMC Corporate Marketing. Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA: May 2014.
- “UX Process Panel Discussion.” UX Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh, PA: August 2013.
- “In Defense of the Humanities.” Invited speaker. Hampshire College 40th Anniversary. Panel: “The Continuing Value of a (Hampshire) Humanities Education.” Hampshire College, Amherst, MA: June 2010.
- “How to Find Work as a Writer.” Pittsburgh Writers Project Roundtable Series. Greentree Public Library, Pittsburgh, PA: November 2009.
- In support of The Sleeping Together Tour. Mother, Atlanta, GA: November 2015.
- Ides of March. B-Side Arcade & Liquors, Cleveland, OH: March 2015.
- Acquired Taste Presents… Blood and Guts, A Valentine’s Day Celebration. Brillo Box, Pittsburgh, PA: February 2015.
- Versify. East End Book Exchange, Pittsburgh, PA: August, 2014.
- Convocation. Presented by Mud Luscious, PANK, and Annalemma. Beauty Bar, Chicago, IL: March 2012.
- Stripped Launch Party. Fergie’s Pub, Philadelphia, PA: February 2012.
- DOGZPLOT Summer Reading Tour. Cleveland, OH: July 2011.
- Fuel & Fuddle Reading Series. Pittsburgh, PA: March 2009.
- Fuel & Fuddle Reading Series. Pittsburgh, PA: April 2007.
- “A Dirty Past: The Origins of the Debate on Cinematic Tense.” Annual Meeting of the Literature/Film Association. Panel: “Film Theory: Tense, Time, and Communication.” Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA: October 2009.
- “Writing Through Film.” Invited speaker, Pedagogy Forum on Seminar in Composition: Film. University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA: April 2009.
- “Shock and Horror in The Passion of the Christ.” The Cinemathéque. University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA: March 2009.
- “Bullet Time, Bullet Space: Classical Film Theory and New Visual Effects.” Film and History Conference. Area: “The ‘Science’ of Special Effects: Aesthetic Approaches to Industry.” Panel: “Rethinking Classical Theories of Film and the Blockbuster.” Chicago, IL: October 2008.
- “An American Tale: Class, Race, and Authorship in Candyman.” Society for Cinema and Media Studies Conference. Panel: “The Horror… The Horror…” Philadelphia, PA: March 2008.
- “Turning the Tables: Prompt-Writing as Written Assignment.” Associated Writing Programs Conference. “Pedagogy Forum.” New York, NY: January 2008.
- “Sound and Image in Stephen Spielberg’s War of the Worlds.” The Cinemathéque. University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA: October 2007.
- “Bodies at Rest, Bodies in Motion: The Early Cinematic Corpse as Agent of Attraction.” Society for Cinema and Media Studies Conference. Panel: “Rethinking Early Cinema.” Chicago, IL: March 2007.
- “A Cinema of Abjections: Horror and the Vulnerable Body in The Matrix.” Reel Fear: Horror, Suspense, and Anxiety in Postmodern Film. Graduate Student Conference. Panel: “Flesh Impressions: Body and Gender in the Modern Horror and Science-Fiction Film.” University of Florida, Gainesville, FL: October 2006.
- “‘A New Face’ for Sicilia: Cinema and History in L’uomo delle stelle.” Historicizing Aesthetics/Aestheticizing History: Theory, Practice, and Pedagogy of (Un)Making History. Graduate Student Conference. Panel: “History/Memory/Trauma.” University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA: April 2006.
- “The Spectre of Los Angeles in Se7en and Chinatown.” The Cinemathéque. University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA: February 2006.